Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Does my slab look big in this?

I've always imagined the garage as being kinda big, but seeing it now I'm not sure it's quite big enough!
Slight dramas with the building inspector. He reckoned the lie of the land was "inconsistent with the plans" and questioned the concreter as to the way he was doing the piering.
After much tutting and serious faces he signed the necessary bit of paper.
We'd also forgotten to send the notice to commence work but he let Wife sign on the spot.

And we didn't have the sign we should have had out the front of the house. When I got home from work, I had a look through the owner builder course material but could find nothing about the sign or what it should say. So I rang their free number but they couldn't help. So I rang the council (the body that requires the sign) and they couldn't tell me. So I rang the pedantic inspector who had demanded the sign and he wasn't sure. He suggested that I ring the concreter 'cos he'd just done some owner building! In the end I rang the council back and they arranged for their expert to ring me...
If you're still interested, all you need is your name, phone number and owner builder's license.


No comments:

Post a Comment